Visa for China – Student visa
To go to study in China or for an internship of more than 6 months, you need a China Student visa before your departure.
The Chinese student visa can be obtained for a stay of more than 6 months. For studies or internship in China of less than 6 months, you will need to apply for a business visa. To get a student visa for China, you will need to provide the following documents:
Extra documents required for foreign residents (outside CE):
- Passport valid at least 6 months after your return and 2 blank pages.
- The Chinese Embassy visa application form completed.
- 1 identity photography
- The original and the photocopy of the notice of admission
- The original and the photocopy of the ‘Visa application form for foreign students going to China’(form JW-201 or JW-202).
- The ‘medical examinations for foreign sheet’ issued by a French hospital (the students of the first and second degree are exempt).
- Copy of the student card or certificate of attendance
- VisaFirst order form
Extra documents required for minors:
- Copy of your Resident Card
Processing times to get your Chinese tourist visa:
- Copy of the family book
- Passport copy of both parents
The standard delay is 5 working days from the time we receive your full Chinese visa application. The express delay is 24 to 48 hours.