Australia 12 Month Holiday Visa
The 12-Month Australia Tourist Visa is a long-stay visa available to people going to Australia for a holiday or to visit family and friends.
If you are not eligible for an ETA Visa, or you wish to visit Australia for more than 3 months, you will need to apply for this Australia Tourist Visa (subclass 600). Visit Am I Eligible for more information.
The visa does not allow you to work in Australia or undertake study for more than 3 months.
Be advised that you might be asked to provide any of the below listed documents. We will be able to confirm this once your application is submitted with the Australian migration authorities.
- Copy of current passport, valid for the duration of the visa.
- Evidence of funds (current bank statement showing in excess of €4100 / £2800 / AU$6900 in your bank account plus all transactions for the last 3 months).
- Evidences of obligation to return to home country:
o A letter from your employer confirming your current position, length of employment, salary level (after tax) and approved leave; OR
o A letter confirming enrolment at school, college or university.
- Your personal explanations on:
o Your reason for visit to Australia, including your intentions after departure from Australia (i.e. continuation of travel or return to employment in your home country); and
o A description of the activities you plan to undertake over the period of your planned stay in Australia; and
o Your intention to lodge any visa applications during your visit in Australia.
- A full Travel Itinerary covering your travel arrangements and plans within Australia.
- A copy of a purchased return air ticket.
- A letter of invitation (if you will be visiting close family in Australia).